VNHELP was founded on the vision that people can begin to pull themselves out of poverty and build self-sufficiency through greater access to resources. To help us realize this vision, we partner with local organizations and individuals in Vietnam who have a deep connection to the people and their needs, and we equip them with the tools necessary for success. Our strategy for engagement and development is based on these five principles:
- Health: Develop, promote and maintain various programs related to preventive care and health education in rural areas
- Education: Provide financial assistance to poor students and individuals who have the determination and ability to excel; provide funds to build or repair schools to increase access to education
- Self-Help: Emphasize self-help programs to enable local people and project beneficies to achieve sustainable livelihoods
- Direct Humanitarian Aid: Collaborate with individuals and organizations who share our common goal to bring humanitarian aid directly to the needy people in Vietnam
- Cultural Exchange: Promote Vietnamese culture in the United States through cultural and art events to increase understanding between the two peoples
If you share in our vision of making Vietnam a more equitable and humane country, please consider getting involved with VNHELP.